When you are researching life insurance companies, it’s best not to run by American Amicable Life Insurance Company because it has a lot to offer.
Certainly, it can be challenging when you’re looking for that company that really stands out since there are hundreds to choose from, but remember, consumers will benefit when there are hundreds of life insurance companies competing for their business.
Depending on the insurance product you’re looking for and your life insurance budget, American Amicable is likely to land on your shortlist, and there are many reasons why.
Here, we’ll drill down into the company and its products and offer some price comparisons that will help you decide if American Amicable Life Insurance will land at the top of your list.
About American Amicable Life Insurance Company
After its founding in 1910, American Amicable Insurance Company of Texas quickly became a powerhouse in the life insurance industry.
After a century of consistently delivering competitively priced insurance profits combined with excellent customer service, the company became part of the American-Applicable Group that was subsequently acquired by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services.
Industrial Alliance Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. is certainly not a newcomer in the marketplace as it was found in 1892 and now manages about $110 billion in assets while employing over 5,000 people.
Currently, the American-Amicable Group of companies includes:
- American-Amicable Life Insurance Company of Texas
- Occidental Life Insurance of NC
- Pioneer American Insurance Company
- Pioneer Security Life Insurance Company
- IA American Life Insurance Company
If any one thing sticks out about American-Amicable, it is the company’s ability to offer life insurance products on a simplified basis and without the need for a medical exam. This alone elevates the company to a position of consumer convenience that satisfies the needs of the majority of consumers in today’s fast-paced economy.
American-Amicable’s Financial and Consumer Ratings
Even though competitive rates are generally at the top of any insurance shopper’s list of priorities, most will want a company that demonstrates the financial ability to pay claims decades into the future.
Consumers also want to do business with an insurer that provides exceptional customer service and outstanding claims service to beneficiaries. Both of these preferences can be affirmed by national rating services like A.M. Best and the Better Business Bureau.
American-Amicable is currently rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, representing the third-highest rating out of fifteen categories.
As an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau for ten years now, American-Amicable was awarded an A+ rating which means they sit at the top of the rating category with other well-known life insurance providers.
American-Amicable Life Insurance Products
After a century of offering life insurance products, American-Amicable has settled on a comprehensive portfolio of life insurance products that can meet the needs of any life insurance shopper.
The company’s product list covers every need from low-cost term insurance to Universal Life policies for wealth accumulation, along with a complete selection of optional riders that allow policy customization.
American-Amicable Term Life Insurance – Term Made Simple
Term Made Simple is one of American-Amicable’s most popular products because of its simplified underwriting and a host of popular riders that can be added to broaden the coverage and add living benefits for the insured.
Seven of these riders are offered with an additional charge, while three are available at no additional cost.
|Blood Pressure Reading||Systolic||Diastolic|
|Hypertension Stage 1||130 to 139||80 to 89|
|Hypertension Stage 2||140 or above||90 or above|
|Hypertension Crisis||Over 180||Over 120|
The Term Made Simple product is offered in terms of 10, 20, and 30-years, and a Return of Premium option is available on terms of 20 and 30-years. These term policies also contain a conversion privilege that allows the policyholder to convert their term coverage to a permanent policy without having to prove insurability or undergo a medical exam.
American-Amicable Universal Life
For applicants who prefer a cash-value life policy, American-Amicable offers a no exam UL policy and a fully underwritten UL policy.
The no exam product offers a death benefit of up to $300,000 and provides a 15-year no-lapse guarantee. The fully-underwritten UL also comes with a no-lapse guarantee but no defined maximum face amount.
Here are American-Amicable’s Simple Universal Life highlights:
- Eligible Issue Age: 0 to 75-years-old
- Available Coverage Amounts: $25,000 to $300,000
- Guaranteed interest rate: 2.0%
- No-lapse guarantee: 15 years
- Terminal Illness rider included
- Confined Care rider included
- Five additional riders available at an additional cost
Whole Life Insurance
American-Amicable’s Whole Life Insurance product is referred to as Golden Solutions Whole Life insurance and is marketed as final expense life insurance.
These whole life policies are generally purchased by seniors and are used to leave money for beneficiaries to cover final expenses like funeral and burial expenses and unpaid medical and nursing home bills.
Like other companies competing in the final expense market, the Golden Solutions product is available as an immediate benefit policy, graded benefit policy, or a modified return of premium policy. Here’s how they work:
- Immediate Benefit – provides first-day coverage for natural and accidental causes of death.
- Graded Benefit – provides a graded benefit schedule of 30% of the death benefit if death occurs the first year, 70% in the second year, and then 100% of the death benefit thereafter.
- Return of Premium Benefit – this policy pays 110% of premiums paid to the company if death occurs in the first three years and then 100% of the death benefit thereafter.
These plans were designed to accommodate applicants who are dealing with medical issues. Health applicants would qualify for the level benefit plan (lowest rates and first-day coverage). Less healthy applicants would be eligible for the graded benefit plan, and then even less healthy applicants would be offered the return of premium plan.
Here are the Golden Solution Whole Life product highlights:
- Eligible ages: 50 to 85-years-old
- The maximum benefit for immediate benefit is $35,000 for applicants age 50 to 75 and $20,000 for applicants age 76 to 85.
- The maximum death benefit for the graded plan is $20,000
- The maximum death benefit for return of premium plans is $20,000
- No medical exam requirement and simple issue policy
- Accelerated Death Benefit for terminal illness included with all three plans.
- Accelerated benefit for confined care is included with an immediate benefit plan.
- Four other optional riders are available depending on the plan the applicant qualifies for (additional premium required).
The Bottom Line
Although American-Amicable offers a good selection of life insurance products, the company’s focus is on no-exam life insurance that is quick and easy to issue.
Because of this, most policies have a lower maximum death benefit than other insurance companies that offer fully-underwritten policies.