What information may be collected? On the LifeInsure.com web site, we have a variety of areas where you can input information for life insurance quotes and application requests. We may request and collect certain basic information from you on our web site. For example, when you request an insurance quote, or contact us for more information, unless you choose to provide information to us, we will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, other than general information for web site performance assessment purposes such as the number of visitors to different sections of the site, the web address from where they referenced our site, the domain name, the date, or the time and duration of their visit to help make our site the best it can be.
- Instant Quote Engines: The initial “instant quote” process for term life insurance is anonymous. You do not log in or input your name or address. We share this information with third party quote providers in order to obtain the quote information you request. It is not possible for LifeInsure.com or others to identify you personally based on the inputs you give when using this process.
No Other Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties Unless you expressly give us permission to do so, or unless required by law, we do not willfully disclose your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties, other than the above-described parties and to insurance companies when and if you apply for insurance or to companies that develop quotes for you. With respect to third party sites to which you may connect through this site, any choices regarding the handling of your personal information will be described on such parties’ web sites. You should refer to the privacy statements for those sites for more information.
Cookies: LifeInsure.com may gather anonymous information and aggregate demographic information which does not personally identify you. We use this information to better understand our site usage patterns and we may share this information with third parties for marketing or technology purposes. Generally this information is collected through the use of “cookies”, internet protocol addresses or other numeric codes or tags used to identify a computer. Again, any disclosure of anonymous information and/or aggregate demographic information will not reveal any personally identifiable information about specific users.
A ‘cookie’ is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message in a small text file on the same drive that the browser is installed on. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. It will not be used to help track user’s aggregate data from sites other than our own. The only cookie-based data that we track is activity on our own site concerning demographics and site usage analysis. The user may need to have cookies enabled in order to use some parts of the site. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Cookies from third-party vendors:
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
Correcting any inaccuracies in nonpublic personally identifiable information Within the quoting and application request processes, you are able to change your information by returning to the previous page via the back button of the browser, or by verifying and editing the information prior to submission. You have the right to see and correct any personal information we may collect about you either through us or through the procedures outlined by each individual insurance company to which you may apply for insurance. If you believe any of the information we have collected about you is erroneous, we would appreciate your assistance in making corrections. If you believe that information that an insurance company may have about you is incorrect there are procedures to bring that to their attention and you should contact them directly. Upon request, we will provide you with the contact information for any insurance company.
Listings We cannot guarantee that the websites set out on our site will be accurate at the time of your access. Moreover, the great majority of sites that we may be point to are developed and maintained by person(s) over whom we have no control. We cannot and do not monitor the sites listed on our pages on the Internet other than our own sites. Accordingly, we assume no responsibility for the content of any site referenced to other than our own. We believe that making available listings to publicly accessible web pages and newsgroups is legally permissible and consistent with the common, customary expectations of those who make use of the Internet.
Data Protection We are not obligated to monitor any transmission made through the respective web pages and newsgroups. However, we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any transmission made to and for this web site.
How We Communicate With You Depending on your needs and preferences, we employ a variety of methods to communicate with you. These methods may include:
- Contact by telephone to verify information, answer your questions and to assist you with your insurance application request or in taking the informational steps to help you obtain an insurance policy.
- Contact by postal mail or overnight services such as Federal Express, UPS or DHL to assist you with your life insurance application request or policy, in taking the informational steps to help you obtain an insurance policy or in supplying information about insurance.
- Contact by email to verify information, to assist you with your life insurance application request or policy, to conduct surveys, to provide you with additional insurance information, service announcements, special offers, reminders of premiums due, and money saving opportunities and offers from us and our associated sites and companies.
- On occasion, we are unable to assist you because of state licensing or other reasons. In these cases we may ask another insurance agency to contact you to assist you.
If you do not wish to receive further communication from us, you may decline by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Intramark Insurance Services, Inc.
431 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 305
Glendale, CA 91203
This Privacy Statement was last updated on May 14, 2013.