It may surprise you that only 14% of disability insurance claims are caused by injuries, most are caused by illness. Thus, the number of claims due to illness is six times more likely to occur than claims due to injuries. (1)
The following gives actual recent claims from a large disability insurance company. (2)
Recently Paid Claims
|Occupatiion||Claim Onset Age||Claim Onset Date||Policy Issue Dat||Disability/Diagnosis|
|Anesthesioglist||60||1999||19996||Disorders involving the immune mechanism|
|Attorney||50||2001||1998||Acure Myocardail infarction|
|Dental Hygienist||38||2001||1998||Herniated Disk|
|Dentist||50||2003||1997||Fracture of Clavical|
|Executive||42||1997||1997||Senile ansd presenile organic psychotic conditions|
|Physician Obstetrics||62||2003||2000||Low back pain/strain|
|Sales||39||2003||1999||Diffuse diseases of connective tissue|
|Sales||33||2003||2000||Traumatic brain injury|
(1) Disability Statistics Abstract Number 16 (September 1996) Published by the Disability Statistics Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, University of California San Francisco, and The National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (U.S. Department of Education)
(2) From a major insurance company publication. Copy of publication available upon request.
DISABILITY INSURANCE FAQs
Get Answers to Your Disability Insurance Questions and Get Your Free Quote Today!
GET QUOTE NOW!
- Welcome to the Gutenberg Editor - September 9, 2022
- When Instant Term Life Insurance Quotes aren’t so Instant - July 12, 2022
- The Best and Worst States to be a Dentist, Doctor, or Lawyer - June 27, 2022