Safe Swim Techniques
Water Safety: Safety water basics for kids to help avoid water related accidents.
- Water and Pool Safety: A set of guidelines and essentials to keeping children safe in the water with swimming techniques and safety rules.
- Side Stroke: A brief explanation for performing the sidestroke a popular rescue technique.
- Front Crawl Stroke: This freestyle swimming style is the fastest swimming style. It allows rescues to reach those in need quickly. With this comes speed and breathing. Learn seven tips to breathing proficiently.
- Submerged Victim: Detailed instruction to rescuing a submerged victim.
- Defensive Swimming: Illustrations of performing defensive swimming techniques.
- Manipulating Objects: Describes swimming rescue techniques for manipulating objects.
Ice Rescue Help
- Succeed at Ice Rescue: A great guide for ice rescue centered on Camp Haven, but can geared to fit any situation where ice rescues may be needed.
- Danger Thin Ice: A guide to staying safe on the ice and how to escape and rescue victims trapped in ice.
- Ice Rescue Claws: Live around or near water that frequently freezes? Ice rescue claws can be an essential piece equipment to ensure safety.
- Ice Rescue Pictures: Illustration of ice rescues.
- Ice Rescue: A family resource for performing ice rescues.
- Ice and Water Rescue: Facts on cold water survival and two rescue devices.
First Aid Skills
- Snake Bites: First aid guide for snakebite injuries.
- Choking: First aid for choking accidents.
- Pesticide Poisoning: A guide to recognizing pesticide poisoning and giving first aid.
- Eye Emergencies: Eye injuries require different methods of first aid. The Prevent Blindness America society gives instructions for treating eye injuries.
- Chemical Exposure: First aid guidelines for treating chemical exposure of the lungs, skin and eyes.
- Listening First Aid: Emotional and mental wounds do exist and this article explores listening first aid.
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning: Four guidelines to performing emergency medical treatment for paralytic shellfish poisoning.
- Spider Bites: Provides in-depth descriptions of some of the most deadly spiders. First aid advice for professionals and non-professionals.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: The Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide gives a review of CPR. Explains how to assess an emergency then illustrates how to give CPR on infants, older children and adults.
- Three Steps: Three simple steps for performing CPR and a video demonstration.
- Hands Only: Describes how to perform hands only CPR.
- CPR for Children: An in-depth instructional guide to performing CPR on children.
- CPR for Infants: Illustrates how to properly perform CPR for infants.
- Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation: Illustrates performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Resuscitation: Provides visual and descriptive illustrations for resuscitating infants, children and adults.
- All About CPR: Explains how to perform CPR and when to stop.
- CPR Facts and Stats: 2010 CPR facts and statistics.
Extreme Weather Safety
- Winter: Guides for staying protected and safe during winter weather.
- Cold Water Survival: An explicit guide to surviving and staying safe in cold water.
- Ice and Cold Water: Printable guides for ice and cold water safety.
- Heat Safety: Describes the signs of heat distress and provides tips for staying safe in the heat.
- Lighting Safety: Where there is thunder there is lightning. Lightning can be very dangerous and this guide provides necessary information for staying safe.
- Cold Weather: A guide to preparing for extreme cold and keeping family safe.
- Hurricane Safety: New York’s hurricane safety guide. It defines hurricanes, categories, warnings and watches. List preparation tips, emergency supplies and family plans.
- Extreme Heat: FEMA describes important terminology for heat injuries and explains what safety precautions should be taken.
Click here to see life insurance tips.
Click here to get instant term life insurance quotes.